ROW OF WORKSHOPS TO THE NORTH OF STONEBRIDGE MILL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255990
Date first listed:
05-Sep-1994
Statutory Address:
ROW OF WORKSHOPS TO THE NORTH OF STONEBRIDGE MILL, STONEBRIDGE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROW OF WORKSHOPS TO THE NORTH OF STONEBRIDGE MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255990.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 18:25:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROW OF WORKSHOPS TO THE NORTH OF STONEBRIDGE MILL, STONEBRIDGE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 25603 32934

Details

SE 2532 STONEBRIDGE LANE, Farnley

714-1/40/1303 Row of workshops to the north of Stonebridge Mill 05.09.1994 GV II

Row of workshops, former storeroom, office and press-room. c1830, with later alterations. Hand made red/brown brick and coursed rubble, partly rendered. Slate and pantile roofs. Press-room to north-east, 2 storey, 6 windows, with double plank doors to entrance, with to the left four, 4-1ight windows, one with a timber lintel and to the right a doorway and beyond another 4-light window. Above to the right a 6-light casement, to the left a blocked window and beyond two 4-light windows. Most of these openings have segment brick heads. The office has a lean-to roof, with a single central window with outer grill flanked by single doorways with stone surrounds, above a large 6-light window with timber lintel. The storerooms, 2 storey with basements, from the left a basement entrance with double planked doors in a stone surround, then a blocked basement window with above a 2-light casement. Beyond a doorway with stone surround and double plank doors reached up 3 steps, then another blocked window, and above a fixed glazing bar window with stone lintel. Beyond another blocked basement window and above a large C19 plain sash, then another door with stone surround reached up 3 steps. Above two, 6-light plain windows to the left and two, 3 light glazing bar windows to the right. INTERIOR; 3 wooden, pegged king post trusses with side braces. These workshops were built as the stores, weaving shop, shrinking room and stores, and hot press room with spinning rooms above, described in the 1819 Insurance Policy for Thomas Pawson the builder of Stonebridge Mills

Listing NGR: SE2560332934

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465387
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].