BOUNDARY STONE AT NGR 2927 3767

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255996
Date first listed:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY STONE AT NGR 2927 3767, STONEGATE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY STONE AT NGR 2927 3767
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255996 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 01:49:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY STONE AT NGR 2927 3767, STONEGATE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29263 37661

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE STONEGATE ROAD, Meanwood 714-1/6/976 (South side (off)) Boundary stone at NGR 2927 3767

II

Boundary stone. Dated 1812. Erected by Joseph Oates of Meanwood House. A monolithic gritstone block approx 1.5m high and 0.6m wide. The S face smoothed and inscribed in Italic capitals; 'NEC. SE/ COGNOS'T./ TERRAE/ VERT.S/ ANNIS/ J. OATES.P./ AD 1812'. ('Neither do the lands know themselves in the turning of the years'). Joseph Oates of Weetwood Hall inherited Carr House in 1779 and undertook extensive rebuilding and land improvement. (Hopwood WA & Casperson FP: Meanwood; Village, Valley, Industry and People: 1986-: 61).

Listing NGR: SE2926337661

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465393
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hopwood, A W, Casperson, F P , Meanwood Village Valley Industry and People, (1986), 61

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11927/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Capt Colin Wolstenholme. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].