ARMLEY PARK COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256003
Date first listed:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
ARMLEY PARK COURT, STANNINGLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ARMLEY PARK COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256003.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 16:43:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
ARMLEY PARK COURT, STANNINGLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 27188 33689

Details

LEEDS

SE2733 STANNINGLEY ROAD, Armley 714-1/33/489 (North side) Armley Park Court

GV II

Board school, now offices. 1900, converted late C20. By WS Braithwaite. Red brick, ashlar details, slate roof. Central hall plan with cross wings. 2 storeys with basement and attics, 7 bays, entrance bays 2 and 6 project, with wide doorway, segmental arch, keystone, overlight with keystone carved with interlaced 'LSB', console brackets, segmental cornice/hood; paired windows above, pilastered corners rise to cornice and square stone ventilator tower with pilasters, lead-covered dome and tall finial. Bays 1 and 7 and the 4-window central bay have tall ground-floor windows, segmental-arch windows to 1st floor and ornate Dutch gables with obelisk finials. INTERIOR: not inspected. Walter Braithwaite was the last architect to Leeds School Board and designed 8 schools; this building is similar in detail to his Pupil Teacher College (qv) built in the same year. In 1903 the school had 1,180 scholars in mixed and infants departments.



Listing NGR: SE2718833689

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465354
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04314/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Karran. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].