This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHAPEL ALLERTON PRIMARY SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAPEL ALLERTON PRIMARY SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1256030

Location

CHAPEL ALLERTON PRIMARY SCHOOL, HARROGATE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 465335

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3036 HARROGATE ROAD, Chapel Allerton 714-1/19/578 (West side) 05/08/76 Chapel Allerton Primary School

GV II

Formerly known as: Chapeltown Board School HARROGATE ROAD Chapel Allerton. School. 1878, altered and extended late C20. By Richard Adams. For Leeds School Board. Red brick with stone dressings, slate roof. Single storey with basement, U-plan of 7 unequal bays, the outer gabled bays project. In Gothic Revival style with the architect's characteristic use of brick ornament. Entrances (probably girls', infants' and boys') bays 2, 5 and 7 with ornate cusped windows, the central entrance having a pinnacled dormer with 2-light window above. Mullion and transom windows with cusped lights; bay 1 has 2 two-light windows divided by a chimney breast with stone plaque carved with raised pattern and 'LEEDS/ BOARD/ SCHOOL 1878', steep gable with moulded brick detail, shaped kneelers with vase finials and a tall moulded stack with stone caps. 3 tall stacks with linked circular shafts straddle ridge. INTERIOR: not inspected. Richard Adams was architect to Leeds School Board from 1873 to 1886.





Listing NGR: SE3054236842

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 30542 36842

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256030 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 07:47:56.

End of official listing