CHURCH OF THE THREE HIERARCHS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256043
Date first listed:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE THREE HIERARCHS, HAREHILLS AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE THREE HIERARCHS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256043 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 23:26:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE THREE HIERARCHS, HAREHILLS AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 31668 35890

Details

LEEDS

SE33NW HAREHILLS AVENUE, Potternewton 714-1/7/1028 (North side) Church of the Three Hierarchs

II

Methodist church, now Greek Orthodox church. Foundation stone laid 1902. Coursed squared gritstone and ashlar, slate roof. PLAN: aligned N-S with Sunday School attached on north. Gothic Revival style. EXTERIOR: S front has central gable with recessed arch containing 3 staggered pointed-arch windows, the central one 2-light, all with Perpendicular tracery and corner turrets; flanking recessed entrances have projecting gabled porches with 3-centred arches and hoodmoulds; small tower with spire left: 3 stages with angle buttresses, open traceried belfry with crocketed finial above, and octagonal ashlar crenellated collar below short spire with finial. Ashlar parapet and pyramid roof with finial far right. INTERIOR: not inspected. The foundation stone was laid by James Kitson.



Listing NGR: SE3166835890

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465302
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/08893/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R. Handford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].