This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TRINITY UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TRINITY UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1256044

Location

TRINITY UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL, HAREHILLS AVENUE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 465303

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE33NW HAREHILLS AVENUE, Potternewton 714-1/7/1033 (North side) Trinity United Reformed Church and Sunday School

II

Church and Sunday school. Foundation stone laid 1906. Coursed squared gritstone, ashlar dressings, slate roof. Gothic Revival style, on an important corner site with Avenue Hill. 5-bay nave with paired lancet windows and short transepts, porch to south; truncated tower at SW corner with main entrance: moulded Gothic arch and paired attached columns, gabled angle buttresses, tall paired belfry windows, uncarved pinnacles and octagonal base to 3rd stage. On west front a gabled entrance lobby and tall turret with gabled pilaster, octagonal ashlar panelled top stage with spire and cross finial. The foundation stone was laid by Henry Robinson, Mayor of Kensington. Sunday School attached to N: single storey and 2 bays with gabled porch left and large projecting gabled schoolroom wing with 3-light lancet window right. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: SE3148935856

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 31489 35856

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256044 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 10:56:47.

End of official listing