HEADINGLEY PARISH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256120
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
HEADINGLEY PARISH HALL, ST MICHAELS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEADINGLEY PARISH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256120 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 14:28:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
HEADINGLEY PARISH HALL, ST MICHAELS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 27931 35943

Details

LEEDS

SE2735 ST MICHAEL'S ROAD, Headingley 714-1/23/828 (South side) 05/08/76 Headingley Parish Hall (Formerly Listed as: ST MICHAEL'S ROAD, Headingley (South side) St Michael's School)

GV II

School, now parish hall. 1844, probably later C19 alterations. Coursed squared gritstone, stone slate roof with kneelers and gable copings. Single storey, 5 x 2 bays, an irregular plan of central hall with classrooms lit by gabled mullion and transom windows. Entrances on the S side, to right with short flight of steps and railing, to left in a probably additional angled and gabled bay. The right return (to St Michael's Lane) has a 4-centred arched window with Perpendicular tracery. A small ventilation turret or bell tower to main ridge has cusped braces and a pyramid roof. INTERIOR: not inspected. An example of the type of church school which benefited from the 50% Treasury Grant initiated in 1833.



Listing NGR: SE2793135943

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465241
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Oct 2005
Reference: IOE01/14500/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Carr. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].