MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES EAST OF WOODHOUSE CEMETERY CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256139
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES EAST OF WOODHOUSE CEMETERY CHAPEL, ST GEORGES FIELDS

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES EAST OF WOODHOUSE CEMETERY CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256139 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 18:51:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES EAST OF WOODHOUSE CEMETERY CHAPEL, ST GEORGES FIELDS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29300 34804

Details

LEEDS

SE2934NW ST GEORGE'S FIELDS 714-1/71/367 Monuments approx. 3 metres east of 05/08/76 Woodhouse Cemetery Chapel (Formerly Listed as: WOODHOUSE LANE (South side (off)) Monuments at Woodhouse Cemetery)

GV II

Group of four memorials. c1845-1873. They commemorate: Charles Macauly (d.1905) and Jane (d.1873); Robert Leeming, 1810-1862, Superintendent of the School Street Wesleyan Sunday School, carved with figures of a schoolboy and schoolgirl; Sarah Jackson, d.1845; a monument with inscription lost, the square-section plinth surmounted by an urn draped with garlands of flowers.



Listing NGR: SE2930034804

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465214
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/13099/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Pennie Keech. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].