THE OAKWOOD FISH BAR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256174

Date first listed: 28-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: THE OAKWOOD FISH BAR, 492, ROUNDHAY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OAKWOOD FISH BAR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256174 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 05:25:12.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OAKWOOD FISH BAR, 492, ROUNDHAY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 32672 36858

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE33NW ROUNDHAY ROAD, Oakwood 714-1/7/1024 (South East side) 28/07/86 No.492 The Oakwood Fish Bar

GV II

Fish bar facade with accommodation and offices above. c1890, altered c1938-40. 3 storeys, upper part of coursed stone with ashlar details and shaped gable. 4-light cross mullion window to first floor, and similar 3-light window above. Shop front of vitriolite, metal and glass with bakelite, metal and neon lettering. Modern style. Recessed 2-leaf door with half-segment glazed panels, circular shop window right, with metal glazing bar divisions, lower segment acid-etched and sand-blasted to represent waves. Frieze with neon lettering: 'FISH BAR'. INTERIOR: vitriolite panelled walls. Directory entries for the shop indicate that in the early 1930s this was the premises of Rowland Wilson, fruiterer. By 1940 it was the shop of Garside and Pearson, fried fish dealers.



Listing NGR: SE3267236858

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465205

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing