15, QUEEN SQUARE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256183
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Statutory Address:
15, QUEEN SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15, QUEEN SQUARE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256183.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 11:04:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
15, QUEEN SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 30097 34240

Details

LEEDS

SE3034 QUEEN SQUARE 714-1/29/337 (North East side) 05/08/76 No.15

GV II

House, now offices. 1815-22, altered C20. By John and George Bischoff. Red brick, Flemish bond, slate roof. 2 storeys and basement. Stone steps up to panelled door left, fanlight with radial glazing bars, reeded pilasters and open dentilled pediment. C20 basement entrance; C20 small-paned windows, stone sills and wedge lintels. Gutter brackets, stack right. Possibly one of the least altered houses on this side of the Square. INTERIOR: not inspected. Part of the development by the Bischoffs which included 13 houses filling the NE side of the square. (Beresford, M: East End, West End: Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684-1842: Leeds: 1988-: 334).





Listing NGR: SE3009734240

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465168
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M W, East End West End The Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684 to 1842, (1988), 334

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/16226/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Carr. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].