NUMBER 16 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256185
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 16 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 16, QUEEN SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 16 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256185 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 05:50:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 16 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 16, QUEEN SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 30088 34239

Details

LEEDS

SE3034 QUEEN SQUARE 714-1/29/338 (North East side) 05/08/76 No.16 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: QUEEN SQUARE (North East side) No.16)

GV II

House, now offices, with area railings. 1815-22, altered C20. By John and George Bischoff. Red brick, Flemish bond, ashlar basement storey, slate roof. 2 storeys and basement, 3 windows wide. Stone steps up to fielded-panel door, fanlight with radial glazing bars, reeded pilasters, entablature and cornice. C20 small-pane frames, stone sills and flat brick arches. Modillion eaves cornice, end stack. INTERIOR: not inspected. Railings: urn finials to standards, pierced finials to rails. The only house 3-windows wide on this side of the square. Part of the development by the Bischoffs which included 13 houses filling the NE corner of the square. (Beresford, M: East End, West End: Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684-842: Leeds: 1988-: 334).





Listing NGR: SE3008834239

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465170
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M W, East End West End The Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684 to 1842, (1988), 334

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Sep 2005
Reference: IOE01/10845/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Pennie Keech. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].