COBOURG PUBLIC HOUSE LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256188

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: COBOURG PUBLIC HOUSE, 19, QUEEN SQUARE

Statutory Address: LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, 20, QUEEN SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COBOURG PUBLIC HOUSE
LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256188 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 08:10:12.

Location

Statutory Address: COBOURG PUBLIC HOUSE, 19, QUEEN SQUARE

Statutory Address: LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, 20, QUEEN SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30028 34194

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3034 QUEEN SQUARE 714-1/29/340 (South West side) 05/08/76 Nos.19 AND 20 Cobourg Public House (No.19) and Leeds Metropolitan University (No.20) (Formerly Listed as: QUEEN SQUARE (South West side) Nos.19 AND 20)

GV II

2 houses, now part of public house and university. 1810-15, altered C20. By John and George Bischoff. Red brick, Flemish bond, slate roof. 2 storeys, each house of 2 bays with entrance left. Both have 6-panel door (No.19 part glazed and not in use), fluted pilasters, console brackets supporting open pediment. Plate-glass sashes in moulded flush frames, stone sills and wedge lintels throughout. Bracketed eaves to No.19, boarded to No.20. INTERIOR: not inspected. The square was begun in 1806 with 2 houses on the NW side; this side was the second stage, with 9 smaller houses built 1810-15. (Beresford, M: East End, West End: Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684-1842: Leeds: 1988-: 334).



Listing NGR: SE3002834194

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465173

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M W, East End West End The Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684 to 1842, (1988), 334

End of official listing