24, 25 AND 26, QUEEN SQUARE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256193

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Statutory Address: 24, 25 AND 26, QUEEN SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 24, 25 AND 26, QUEEN SQUARE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256193 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 11:20:26.

Location

Statutory Address: 24, 25 AND 26, QUEEN SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30006 34214

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3034 QUEEN SQUARE 714-1/29/344 (South West side) 05/08/76 Nos.24, 25 AND 26

GV II

Row of 3 houses, now offices. 1810-15. By John and George Bischoff. Red brick, Flemish bond, slate roof with gable coping far right. 2 storeys, three 1-window houses, each with entrance right. 6-panel doors, fanlight (Nos 24 & 26 with radial glazing bars), wooden pilastered surround with console brackets and cornices. 16-pane sashes with stone sills and wedge lintels throughout. Eaves brackets, multiflue stack straddling ridge to left of each. Right return (No.26): central door, worn semicircular step up, overlight, wooden surround, 16-pane sashes right, ground and 1st floor, blocked attic window, turned-in kneelers. INTERIOR: not inspected. This square was begun in 1806 with 2 houses on the NW side; this side was the second stage, with 9 smaller houses built 1810-1815. (Beresford, M: East End, West End: Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684-1842: Leeds: 1988-: 334).



Listing NGR: SE3000634214

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465178

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M W, East End West End The Face of Leeds During Urbanisation 1684 to 1842, (1988), 334

End of official listing