NUMBERS 2, 4 AND 4A AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256194
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
27, YORK PLACE
Statutory Address:
NUMBERS 2, 4 AND 4A AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 2, 4 AND 4A, QUEEN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBERS 2, 4 AND 4A AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256194.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 22:30:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
27, YORK PLACE
Statutory Address:
NUMBERS 2, 4 AND 4A AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 2, 4 AND 4A, QUEEN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29461 33521

Details

LEEDS

SE2933 QUEEN STREET 714-1/35/349 (East side) 05/08/76 Nos.2, 4 AND 4A and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: QUEEN STREET (East side) Nos.2 AND 4) (Formerly Listed as: YORK PLACE (South side) Nos.26 AND 27)

GV II

Includes: No.27 YORK PLACE. 4 houses, now offices, with basement railings. Early C19 with late C20 restoration. Red brick, Flemish bond. Corner site with No.27 York Place on left return. 3 storeys and basement, 8 first-floor windows, the 5-window block right stepped down slightly. 2 round-headed doorways with fanlights and panelled doors, left door with overlight probably an insertion. All sashes with glazing bars, flat brick arches, stone sills, continuous 1st-floor sill band, fielded-panel aprons to ground-floor windows. Restored eaves band, brick stacks. Left return similar, 2-windows wide. INTERIOR: not inspected. Part of the development of the south side of York Place in 1834-1850, probably as private residences but the proximity of mills and the railway resulted in their conversion to woollen warehouses by 1886. (Rapkin, J: Map of Leeds: 1850-; Insurance map of Leeds: 1886-).



Listing NGR: SE2946133521

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465179
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/13737/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Alison Claybourne. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].