MILL TO SOUTH OF HIGHBURY WORKS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256202

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1994

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: MILL TO SOUTH OF HIGHBURY WORKS, GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILL TO SOUTH OF HIGHBURY WORKS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256202 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 05:02:47.

Location

Statutory Address: MILL TO SOUTH OF HIGHBURY WORKS, GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 28357 36986

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2836NW GREEN ROAD, Meanwood 714-1/60/1310 (South West side) 07/09/94 Mill to south of Highbury Works (Formerly Listed as: GREEN ROAD (South West side) Mill to south of Highbury Works, formerly Meanwood Tannery)

GV II

Paper mill, later tannery, now vacant. c1800, 1844 and 1857, with later alterations. For Thomas Martin, converted for Samuel Smith. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and hipped corrugated sheet roof with 8 circular metal ventilators. Quoins and second-floor sill band. 3 storeys. L-plan. East front, 13 bays, with to right a pair of double doors to each floor. Ground floor has various blocked windows, and above an off-centre loft door with to right four 2-light windows and to right 7 similar windows. Above again 12 openings, originally with louvred shutters now partly blocked with 3-light upper windows. Left return to south has 2 bays with similar fenestration. West front, 12 bays, arranged 5:8 with the left block projecting. Set back wing to right has 8 windows with 8 windows above, mostly blocked, and above again 8 openings, originally with louvred shutters now partly blocked with 2- and 3-light upper windows. INTERIOR: has wooden beams and floors with original wooden staircases. Built for Thomas Martin as a paper mill and converted by Samuel Smith to a tannery.



Listing NGR: SE2835736986

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465144

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing