TANNERY SQUARE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256214

Date first listed: 06-Feb-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: TANNERY SQUARE, 8-12, GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TANNERY SQUARE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256214 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 03:31:23.

Location

Statutory Address: TANNERY SQUARE, 8-12, GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SE2829337308

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE GREEN ROAD, Meanwood 714-1/6/963 (East side) 06/02/73 Tannery Square, Nos.8-12 (Consecutive) (Formerly Listed as: GREEN ROAD, Meanwood Nos.94 AND 96 and Tannery Square, Nos.1-8 (consec))

GV II

Formerly known as: Tanner's Row GREEN ROAD Meanwood. Row of 8 cottages, now 5 houses. 1834-37. By John Morris of Woodside; restored and altered 1975 and 1995. Coursed squared gritstone, slate roof. 2 storeys, 9 first-floor windows. Built in 3 stages (straight joins between): No.8 was a mirror-pair with entrances far left and right; Nos 9 & 11 similar, with a 3rd cottage and cart arch on right; No.12 another mirror-pair. Plain stone surrounds to all openings, C20 glazed doors and window frames. 3 large ashlar ridge stacks, between each former cottage pair. INTERIOR: not inspected. John Morris, a local tanner, built Tanner's Row on land bought from Thomas Bumby; in 1846 they were bought by Matthew Bywater who built Bywater Buildings, now Nos 1-7 (qv), Tanner's Row becoming Tannery Square.



Listing NGR: SE2829337308

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465156

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing