WIND PUMP APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF NUMBER 7 (NOT INCLUDED)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256226
Date first listed:
20-Jun-1989
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
WIND PUMP APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF NUMBER 7 (NOT INCLUDED), WILLOW GROVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WIND PUMP APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF NUMBER 7 (NOT INCLUDED)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256226.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 20:05:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
WIND PUMP APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF NUMBER 7 (NOT INCLUDED), WILLOW GROVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 61756 53358

Details

YORK

SE65SW WILLOW GROVE, Heworth 1112-1/2/1236 (North West side) 20/06/89 Wind pump approximately 100 metres south-west of No.7 (not included) (Formerly Listed as: WILLOW GROVE, Off Elmfield Terrace Wind Pump to the rear of No.7)

II

Wind pump tower. Mid C19. Red brick, in header bond outside, stretcher bond inside, on deep brick plinth. The cap has been removed. EXTERIOR: tapering circular tower approximately 7.0 metres high. The upper courses reduce more acutely above an offset. Entry is through a low board door beneath shaped timber lintel. INTERIOR: shallow recess approximately .75 metres high encircles base of tower. Board floor inserted at approximately 2.0 metres height. The pump served the brick and tile works which operated on the site from the late C18 until well into C20.





Listing NGR: SE6175653358

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465122
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/10973/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Briggs. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].