OUSEFIELD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256238
Date first listed:
06-May-1997
Statutory Address:
OUSEFIELD, FULFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OUSEFIELD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256238.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2019 at 12:22:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
OUSEFIELD, FULFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 60808 49951

Details

SE 64 NW YORK FULFORD ROAD (West side) 1112-1/4/10039 Ousefield

GV II

House, now officers mess. 1899. By Walter Brierley. Brown brick with red brick quions and orange brick window surrounds, ashlar coped gables with plain kneelers and 4 tall plain stacks. Graduated Westmorland slate roof. Chamfered brick plinth. 2 storey plus attic. Street front has symmetrical 5 window facade with slightly projecting central bay. Central projecting porch has square Tuscan Doric columns supporting segmental arched hood in the form of an open pediment, panel door with overlight and brick head with 3 ashlar keystones. Set back either side single side light windows. Above canted bay window cross casements, pilasters and domes roof, above again 4-light dormer window. Either side single 18-pane sashes with 12-pane sashes above, above again single brick gables with 4-light casement windows. Outer bays each have 2 storey canted bay windows with coped parapets and three 18-pane windows on the ground floor and three 12-pane sashes above. INTERIOR retains many original features including mainstaircase with turned balusters and back stair with stick balusters. Ground floor rooms have original doors door surrounds, fireplaces, alcoves and coving. Upper floors retain original doors and some fireplaces.



Listing NGR: SE6080849951

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465134
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/01355/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Fred Share. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].