STABLES NORTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256284
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Statutory Address:
STABLES NORTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL, GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES NORTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256284 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 17:20:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES NORTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL, GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 31020 36713

Details

LEEDS

SE3136 GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE, Chapel Allerton 714-1/20/1300 (South East side) 05/08/76 Stables north-west of Chapel Allerton Hospital

GV II

Stables, coach house and probably gardeners' bothey, with walls and gate piers to yard. 1835-40. By John Clark. For John Hives. Ashlar, red brick, slate roofs. Central flat archway with squat tower over in Egyptian style with battered walls, roll-moulded angles, round-arched recess with blank shield and clock, roll moulding, deep coved cornice, flat roof. To each side 2-bay single-storey former 2-storey, 3-bay gabled end wings: the fronts have a round-arched window in a recess to ground floor, similar window (altered on right) to 1st floor, with a continuous string over; facing the yard the left wing has 2 round-arched doorways with fanlights, 3 round-arched windows in pedimented dormers, 5-flue stack in the form of squat Ionic columns; the right wing has 1 doorway and 3 windows, 1 blind, 3 flat-arched windows to 1st floor. The left return of the left wing has pedimented dormer, the right return of the right wing is of red brick in English bond, stone surrounds to windows, and faces into the former enclosed garden. INTERIOR: not inspected. The wall enclosing the stable yard has a flat coping and wide monolithic pedestrian gateways to left and right of the central entrance which has battered monolithic piers with flat segmental-faced capstones. Built as stables and coach house to Gledhow Grove, now Weetwood Grove and Weetwood Grange (qv).



Listing NGR: SE3102036713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465087
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].