STABLES NORTH WEST OF THE GRANGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256306
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
STABLES NORTH WEST OF THE GRANGE, BECKETT PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES NORTH WEST OF THE GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256306 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 23:42:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES NORTH WEST OF THE GRANGE, BECKETT PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 26758 36724

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE BECKETT PARK, Beckett Park 714-1/6/521 Stables north-west of The Grange 05/08/76 (Formerly Listed as: BECKETT'S PARK, Beckett Park Stables north west of Kirkstall Grange)

GV II

Coach house and stables, now offices and lecture rooms. Mid C19, altered C20. Coursed squared gritstone, hipped stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 8 first-floor windows. Quoins. Symmetrical facade with tall round carriage arch (now blocked) in pedimented centre bay, a small round-arch opening in the tympanum. Plain stone surrounds to openings: C20 doors, sashes with glazing bars, margin lights to 3rd window on ground and 1st floor left and 6th window, 1st floor, right. Paired eaves brackets, deep paired brackets support moulded pediment. Rear: a central 2-storey gabled bay, left end projects slightly. INTERIOR: not inspected. The 1834 map of Kirkstall Grange (Baines and Newsome) shows a large L-shaped range immediately behind the house; this range was probably built for the Beckett family soon after. (Baines and Newsome: Map of the Borough of Leeds: 1834-).





Listing NGR: SE2675836724

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465061
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/13068/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Carr. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].