This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 124, THE MOUNT

List entry Number: 1256424



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1970

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Mar-1997

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464911

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1091 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.124 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))


House. 1843, altered C20. Stucco with brick chimneys and slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic and cellar. 2 bays. The windows are glazing bar sashes. The ground-floor windows have semicircular heads and are recessed into openings with moulded semicircular arches, keystones, and moulded imposts which form the capitals of pilaster reveals. Above, a storey band replaces a balcony shown in an RCHM photograph. The 1st floor windows have architraves with linked heads, sills and cornices. The 2nd floor windows have lugged architraves and a moulded sill band. Below the dentilled gutter cornice is an enriched frieze. The attic is lit by a dormer with 2 casement windows under a pitched roof. The doorway, at the left, is recessed into a 3rd arched opening similar to those of the windows. The door has 4 sunken panels. Above is an overlight window with glazing bars and a semicircular head. Ridge chimneys to left and right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127).

Listing NGR: SE5943751139

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 127

National Grid Reference: SE 59437 51139


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256424 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 11:34:50.

End of official listing