127, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256426
Date first listed:
21-Apr-1983
Statutory Address:
127, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 127, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256426 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 16:09:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
127, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59356 50931

Details

YORK

SE5950NW THE MOUNT 1112-1/24/1093 (South East side) 21/04/83 No.127

GV II

House. 1833; altered c1930; restored 1992. Yellow brick with painted stone dressings. Hipped slate roof. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys above cellars and 3 bays, with the central bay projecting slightly. The outer bays have single-storey canted bay windows which have bracketed cornices and sashes without glazing bars. The base of the left-hand window is partly cut into by an inserted C20 cellar doorway. The 1st floor windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches and a sill band. The timber porch has paired pilasters, and a modillioned cornice which forms the base of a balcony. This has cast-iron railings with anthemion decoration. The inner door has panelled reveals, and an overlight with margin panes. The eaves cornice is modillioned and includes a triangular pediment above the central bay. Chimneys to left and right. INTERIOR: cellars: room at front left, formerly converted to garage, has wooden car turntable in situ. Ground floor: staircase to first floor has slender turned balusters and moulded handrail wreathed at foot around shaped curtail step. Original plaster work survives in all the main rooms. On first floor and attics some original fireplaces survive. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127; ).



Listing NGR: SE5935650931

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464913
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 127

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04905/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Broadribb. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].