This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

128, THE MOUNT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 128, THE MOUNT

List entry Number: 1256427

Location

128, THE MOUNT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1970

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Mar-1997

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464914

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1094 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.128 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))

GV II

House. c1840. Stucco with brick gable walls and chimneys. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellar. 2 bays. The windows are cross casements. The ground-floor windows have semicircular heads and are recessed within moulded semicircular arches with moulded imposts which form the capitals to pilaster reveals. Below the sills there are panelled aprons. The 1st floor windows have cornices and lugged architraves, and open onto a stone balcony carried on brackets, with cast-iron railings. The 2nd floor windows have architraves. The doorway, at the left, is recessed into an arched opening similar to the 2 window arches to its right. The door has 4 panels, and an altered window above. The 2 cellar window openings have segmental arches. Dentilled gutter cornice below blocking course. Narrow strips of brickwork party wall are visible to left and right. Chimneys in front of ridge at left and on ridge at right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 128).





Listing NGR: SE5942751129

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 128

National Grid Reference: SE 59427 51129

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256427 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 02:37:54.

End of official listing