This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBER 130 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND RAILINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBER 130 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND RAILINGS

List entry Number: 1256433

Location

NUMBER 130 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND RAILINGS, 130, THE MOUNT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1970

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Mar-1997

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464921

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1095 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.130 and attached walls and railings (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))

GV II

House, now guesthouse. c1830. Brick with some stone dressings. Slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys with attic and cellars. 2 bays. The windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. The ground-floor window is tripartite with a segmental arch. The 1st floor windows have a sill band and open onto a stone balcony with iron railings which include rectangular panels with diagonal patterns. The attic is lit by 2 flat-roofed C20 dormers. The cellar window is also a glazing bar sash. The doorway, at the left, has a doorcase with engaged barleysugar columns, Corinthian capitals and a cornice. The door has 4 panels and a plain semicircular overlight. Modillion gutter cornice. At the right of the facade there is a chamfered stone quoin strip with a lead downpipe to its left. Chimneys at right and shared at left. INTERIOR: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: the front garden is enclosed by iron railings set on a low brick wall with stone copings and is entered by an iron gate. (RCHME: City of York: London: 1972-: 128).



Listing NGR: SE5942651121

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 128

National Grid Reference: SE 59426 51121

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256433 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2018 at 10:15:25.

End of official listing