132, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256435
Date first listed:
10-Sep-1970
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
132, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 132, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256435.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 09:24:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
132, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59419 51120

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1096 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.132 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))

GV II

House, now guesthouse. c1830. Brick with red brick arches and painted stone or stucco dressings. Slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys with attic and cellar. 2 bays. At the right on the ground floor there is a white-painted sashed canted bay window with a mutuled cornice, on a canted brick base which contains cellar windows. The 1st floor windows are sashed without glazing bars and have narrow architraves. They are set within shallow stucco recesses with elliptical rubbed brick arches. They have a sill band and open onto a stone balcony with iron railings which include rectangular panels with diagonal patterns. The 2nd floor windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. The attic is lit by two C20 lead-covered attic dormers which have tilting windows with glazing bars. The doorcase, at the left, has engaged barleysugar columns with Corinthian capitals, and a fanlight above a 4-panel door. It is reached by renewed external steps. Shared chimneys to left and right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (RCHME: City of York: London: 1972-: 128).





Listing NGR: SE5941951120

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464924
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 128

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04904/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Broadribb. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].