150, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256438

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Statutory Address: 150, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 150, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256438 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 18:24:21.

Location

Statutory Address: 150, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59365 51068

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1099 (North West side) 24/06/83 No.150

II

House, now doctors' surgery. c1860-70. Brick with painted stone dressings. Concrete tile roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellars. Facade to The Mount 3 bays. The windows are mostly sashed. The ground and 2nd floor windows have sill bands, and at 1st floor level there is a stone balcony with cast-iron railings. The outer bays have canted bay windows with cornices, of 2 storeys at the left and one at the right. The 2nd and 3rd windows on the 1st floor are cross casements opening onto the balcony and have segmental brick arches. The left-hand window on the 2nd floor is tripartite and projects slightly under a cornice. The central doorway has a painted surround which has pilasters with sunken panels and a semicircular head with overlight. The door has 4 panels. The overhanging eaves are coved with sprocketed rafters. The left-hand return facade, facing Dalton Terrace, is of 6 bays with a 2-storey porch projection in the 4th bay. The 2 right-hand bays have sashed windows with segmental brick arches and a sill band on the ground floor, and cross casement windows on the 1st floor which open onto a balcony with cast-iron railings which is continuous with that to the front facade. The 3 left-hand bays have glazing bar sash windows with segmental arches on the ground and first floors. The 2nd floor windows have a sill band and are glazing bar sashes except for the 5th, which is sashed, and the 6th, which is a blind recess. The 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th bays have external louvred shutters sliding in a wooden frame. The porch has 4 stone Tuscan pilasters, and a painted entablature. The outer door has 4 panels, and an overlight window above. The 1st floor of the porch is of timber and is glazed with 3 glazing bar sashes separated by pilasters facing forwards and one to each side. It has a dentilled cornice. 2 chimneys in front of ridge visible on front elevation, and 2 on side elevation. INTERIOR: not inspected.





Listing NGR: SE5936551068

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464927

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing