Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Date of most recent amendment:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256446.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Dec-2020 at 16:42:46.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59561 51219



SE5951SE THE MOUNT 1112-1/20/1073 (South East side) 14/06/54 Nos.73 AND 75 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.69-75 (Odd))


Two houses, now offices. c1830. Brick with slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic. 4-bay front, each house 2 bays. The windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. Each house has a single flat-roofed attic dormer. No.73 has a single window on the ground floor with a doorway to its right, both offset towards the right. The doorcase has engaged Doric columns, a triglyph frieze and panelled reveals. The door has 6 raised and fielded panels and the overlight has diagonal glazing bars. There are 2 low cellar openings in the front wall, the right-hand one blocked. Mutuled timber gutter cornice. The right-hand gable is coped. Ridge chimneys between houses and shared at left. The right-hand return gable wall to No.75, facing Park Street, is of 3 bays and has glazing bar sash windows with rubbed brick flat arches. At the left on the ground floor and at the right on the 2nd floor there are blind recesses. To the left of the right-hand window on the 1st floor is a small inserted window. The attic window has a segmental brick arch and a central sash box. The central bay contains the doorway to No.75, which has a doorcase with engaged Doric columns, a triglyph frieze, and panelled reveals. The door has 6 raised and fielded panels and a semicircular overlight. INTERIORS: not inspected.

Listing NGR: SE5956151219


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04905/36
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Broadribb. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].