82, 84 AND 86, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256448

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Statutory Address: 82, 84 AND 86, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 82, 84 AND 86, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256448 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 02:03:09.

Location

Statutory Address: 82, 84 AND 86, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59520 51231

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5951SE THE MOUNT 1112-1/20/1075 (North West side) 24/06/83 Nos.82, 84 AND 86

GV II

House, later divided into 2 houses; now house and part of bank. Late C17, re-fronted early C19, and altered 1963. Yellow-red brick. Pantiled roof. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys with attics and 3 bays. The timber casement cross windows have glazing bars and painted rendered lintels. The right-hand window on the ground floor is a restoration dating from 1963 when a shopfront was removed. The central bay contains a doorcase with a fluted surround and console brackets supporting a frieze and cornice. Above the door, which has 6 raised and fielded panels, is a fanlight: to the left a second door, inserted in 1963, of 6 panels under a semicircular head with fanlight. The attic is lit by 2 flat-roofed dormers. 2 ridge chimneys, one to each side of the central bay. INTERIORS: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 65).



Listing NGR: SE5952051231

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464888

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 65

End of official listing