90, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256450
Date first listed:
14-Jun-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
90, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 90, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256450 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 17:46:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
90, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59508 51213

Details

YORK

SE5951SE THE MOUNT 1112-1/20/1077 (North West side) 14/06/54 No.90 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT No.90 Co-operative Employees' Social Club)

GV II

House, now offices. Mid C19. Brick with painted stone dressings and slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellars. 4 bays, but with only 3 windows to the 2nd floor. The facade has a plinth, a storey band above the ground floor, sill bands to the 1st and 2nd floor windows, and a modillioned gutter cornice. The windows are sashed with glazing bars, except for those to the 3rd and 4th bays on the ground and first floors, which are sashed. The left-hand bay has a cellar opening with segmental head. The door, in the 2nd bay, has a wide outer opening with a Tuscan pilaster doorcase with triglyph frieze and mutuled cornice. The inner opening is recessed, with pilaster reveals, moulded semicircular head, fanlight, and 4-panel door. Chimneys near centre of ridge, on right-hand gable, and shared at left. INTERIOR: not inspected.

Listing NGR: SE5950851213

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464890
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04904/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Broadribb. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].