This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 92 AND 94, THE MOUNT

List entry Number: 1256451



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Mar-1997

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464891

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1078 (North West side) 14/06/54 Nos.92 AND 94 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.92 AND 94, 96 AND 98)


Pair of houses. 1821. Erected by Joseph Bullock, brickmaker. Brick with slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic. 3 bays. The outer bays on the ground and first floors have tripartite bowed sashes with glazing bars. The other windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. Towards the right there is a flat-roofed attic dormer. The paired doorways share a doorcase with engaged Doric columns, a triglyph frieze, mutuled cornice, and panelled reveals. The doors have 6 raised and fielded panels, and overlight which have margin panes and diagonal glazing bars. A doorway at the left forms part of No.96 The Mount (qv). Modillion gutter cornice. Chimneys on left-hand gable in front of ridge and shared at right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127).

Listing NGR: SE5950351205

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 127

National Grid Reference: SE 59503 51205


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256451 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 04:22:26.

End of official listing