100, 102 AND 104, THE MOUNT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256454
Date first listed:
14-Jun-1954
Statutory Address:
100, 102 AND 104, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 100, 102 AND 104, THE MOUNT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256454 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-May-2019 at 01:46:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
100, 102 AND 104, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59484 51188

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1080 (North West side) 14/06/54 Nos.100, 102 AND 104

GV II

Row of 3 houses, now flats and offices. 1807-8. No.102 stuccoed, other houses of painted brick. Slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attics. Each house of one bay with a doorway at the left. There is a continuous 1st floor sill band and No.102 has stucco quoins. Nos 100 and 102 have 2-storey bowed windows which have tripartite sashes with glazing bars. No.104 has been altered by the insertion of a C20 shop window into the lower storey of the bow and has tripartite sashes without glazing bars on the 1st floor. The 2nd floor window of No.100 is a glazing bar sash. No.102 has a tripartite glazing bar sash on the 2nd floor and No.104 has a sash without glazing bars. Each house has a flat-roofed attic dormer. Each doorcase has reeded pilasters, and attenuated acanthus leaf consoles. The doors have 6 raised and fielded panels. No.100 has a fanlight and the other houses have semicircular overlights, that to No.102 divided vertically into 3. Dentilled gutter cornice. Nos 100 and 102 have lead rainwater hoppers and downpipes. Chimneys between houses and on right-hand gable. INTERIOR: the cellar of No.104 contains a Roman burial vault which was uncovered on the site in 1807. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127).



Listing NGR: SE5948451188

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464894
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 127

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].