NUMBER 107 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256456
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 107 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 107, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 107 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256456 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 19:59:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 107 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 107, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59455 51082

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1081 (South East side) No.107 and attached railings

GV II

House, now flats. Mid C19. White brick with stone dressings at the front; red brick at the sides. Slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys with basement and attic. 2 bays. The ground and 1st floor windows are sashed without glazing bars and have semicircular brick arches with keystones and a thin moulded stone extrados and impost band. In front of the 1st floor windows there is a stone balcony with a front of shaped cast-iron railings. Above the 1st floor there is a thin moulded storey band. The 2nd floor windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. At the left there is a flat-roofed C20 attic dormer. The basement is lit by 2 glazing bar sash windows with rubbed brick flat arches. To the left of the 2 ground-floor windows there is an ashlar doorcase with engaged columns which have foliated caps, and a plain entablature. Above the door, which has 6 raised and fielded panels, there is a plain semicircular overlight. The gutter cornice is dentilled and modillioned. Gable chimneys. INTERIOR: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: the basement area is enclosed by cast-iron railings on low stone copings. The uprights are alternately plain with cast finials and serpentine.





Listing NGR: SE5945551082

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464896
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04905/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Broadribb. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].