MOUNTING BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 66 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH ST GEORGES PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256502

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Statutory Address: MOUNTING BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 66 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH ST GEORGES PLACE, TADCASTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MOUNTING BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 66 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH ST GEORGES PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256502 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 11:27:08.

Location

Statutory Address: MOUNTING BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 66 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH ST GEORGES PLACE, TADCASTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59135 50580

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5950NW TADCASTER ROAD 1112-1/24/1054 (East side) 24/06/83 Mounting Block approx 66 metres south of junction with St George's Place

II

Mounting block, also used as milestone and boundary stone. Probably C18. Limestone. Of rectangular plan, cut into 3 steps. A metal pin which formerly held an inscription plate remains on the west side. Formerly used as the first milestone from York, measured from Ouse Bridge. Also served as a boundary stone, marking a re-entrant angle of the city boundary of 1832. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 58).



Listing NGR: SE5913550580

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464854

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 58

End of official listing