BRODRICK COURT NUMBERS 1 AND 2

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256573

Date first listed: 22-Sep-1975

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: BRODRICK COURT NUMBERS 1 AND 2, 7, ALMA ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRODRICK COURT NUMBERS 1 AND 2
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256573 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 02:38:55.

Location

Statutory Address: BRODRICK COURT NUMBERS 1 AND 2, 7, ALMA ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 27871 36410

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2736SE ALMA ROAD, Headingley 714-1/61/716 (North side) 22/09/75 No.7 Brodrick Court, Nos.1 and 2 (Formerly Listed as: ALMA ROAD, Headingley (North side) No.7)

GV II

Formerly known as: Oakfield ALMA ROAD Headingley. House, now flats. 1859, converted c1978. By Cuthbert Brodrick. For JH Smalpage. Squared gritstone and ashlar, slate roof. 2 storeys with attics, 3 bays with recessed bay right. Italianate style. Central paired 2-panel doors, top panels glazed, with semicircular overlight, round-arched surround with shallow pediment, carving in tympanum, acroterion over. Flanking segmental stone bay windows with cornices, 4-pane sashes throughout; elliptical-headed architraves to 3 first-floor windows; stepped ground-floor band at cornice level, narrower first-floor sill band. A wide gable over all with raised band and round window in pediment; deep eaves with paired ornate wooden moulded brackets. Flanking slightly projecting corniced stacks. Gabled bay projects on right return, single eaves brackets and ridge stack. INTERIOR: not inspected. An important mid C19 house by the architect of Leeds Town Hall. The 1872 Directory shows the house occupied by William Lambert, cloth merchant. (Linstrum, D: West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture: London: 1978-: 112-113; Porter's Directory of Leeds and Neighbourhood: 1872-).



Listing NGR: SE2787136410

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464786

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Linstrum, D, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture, (1978), 112-113
'Porters Directory of Leeds and Neighbourhood' in Porters Directory of Leeds and Neighbourhood, (1872)

End of official listing