50, 52 AND 54, ALBION STREET, 35 and 35A, ALBION PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256598

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: 35 and 35A, ALBION PLACE

Statutory Address: 50, 52 AND 54, ALBION STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 50, 52 AND 54, ALBION STREET, 35 and 35A, ALBION PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256598 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 14:00:11.

Location

Statutory Address: 35 and 35A, ALBION PLACE

Statutory Address: 50, 52 AND 54, ALBION STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30077 33578

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3033NW ALBION PLACE 714-1/76/11 (South side) Nos.35 AND 35A

GV II

Includes: Nos.50, 52 AND 54 ALBION STREET. YMCA premises with shops and offices, now shops, offices and restaurant. 1900. By WH Thorp. Ashlar, rusticated to 1st and 2nd floors, slate roof, modillion eaves cornice. 4 storeys, 5 bays on corner site with 4-bay facade to Albion Street, right return. Elaborate Baroque style. Central bay: entrance with paired columns, broken segmental pediment surmounted by swagged urns, Venetian stair window to first floor, Diocletian window to 2nd. Both facades have plate-glass shop windows, balustraded parapet above, canted bay windows to outer bays on first and 2nd floors with gabled 3-light window above; stone mullion and transom windows and 4-pane sashes. INTERIOR: not inspected. WH Thorp's work included the remodelling and new facade to Oxford Place Methodist Church (1896-1903), and the Art Gallery (1887-8).

Listing NGR: SE3007733578

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464719

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing