CHURCHYARD WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO CHURCH OF ST MARY ABBOTSBURY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256771
Date first listed:
11-Dec-1996
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO CHURCH OF ST MARY ABBOTSBURY, WAVERLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO CHURCH OF ST MARY ABBOTSBURY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256771.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 16:25:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO CHURCH OF ST MARY ABBOTSBURY, WAVERLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Teignbridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Newton Abbot
National Grid Reference:
SX 85696 71516

Details

NEWTON ABBOT

SX8571 WAVERLEY ROAD 1012-1/8/134 (East side) Churchyard walls and gate piers to Church of St Mary Abbotsbury

GV II

Walls, gate piers and other piers surrounding the Church of St Mary Abbotsbury (qv). 1906. By EH Sedding. Devon limestone rubble and freestone ashlar. Rectangular plan. A chamfered plinth to former railings is articulated by gabled piers. Those to the front are larger paired pedestrian entrances flanking a carriage entrance. They have plinths and larger blocks to the tops which are coved at the base and gabled to four sides over recessed trefoil-headed panels.





Listing NGR: SX8569671516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464572
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07185/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Funnell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].