This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1257014



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464311

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE5951SE PARK STREET 1112-1/20/823 (North East side) 24/06/83 No.7


House. Built in 1836 by Thomas Rayson, contractor, for himself. Brick with some stone dressings. Hipped concrete tile roofs. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellars. Main house symmetrical and of 3 bays. One-bay addition to right. The windows of the main house have rusticated stone lintels. On the ground and 1st floors the windows have casements below 2 fixed lights. At the right on the ground floor these fixed lights have margin panes and on the 1st floor they are divided into small panes. The 2nd floor windows are glazing bar sashes. The added bay is slightly taller and has tripartite glazing bar sash windows to each floor, with brick flat arches and has a separate hipped roof. The doorway, in the central bay of the main house, has a pilaster doorcase with modillion cornice, and a 4-panel door with plain overlight. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 128).

Listing NGR: SE5961151170

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 128

National Grid Reference: SE 59611 51170


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257014 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 03:31:02.

End of official listing