PUBLIC PUMP TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 3B

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1257031
Date first listed:
24-Sep-1971
Date of most recent amendment:
08-Oct-1996
Statutory Address:
PUBLIC PUMP TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 3B, CROMWELL HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PUBLIC PUMP TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 3B
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257031.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2019 at 19:48:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
PUBLIC PUMP TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 3B, CROMWELL HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Maldon (District Authority)
Parish:
Maldon
National Grid Reference:
TL 84978 07204

Details

MALDON

TL8407SE CROMWELL HILL 574-1/6/20 (North West side) 24/09/71 Public pump to north-east of No.3B (Formerly Listed as: CROMWELL HILL Pump North East of No.3B)

GV II

Pump. 1805. Tall cast-iron pump shaft with spout (handle missing) on rectangular stone platform with brick plinth and stone slab well cover. Stands within enclosure with granite kerb to street and retaining wall with steeply raking top and curved corner to north. To the south-west is the lower part of a square brick chamber with stepped opening to street. HISTORY: stands on site of C16 (1587) pump provided by Thomas Cannock. Water was conveyed to pump by system of lead conduits from Little Cromwell (qv Cistern House, Beeleigh Road). A stone oval plaque now in town museum, a relic of this site, is inscribed: 'RESTORED CC WESTON ESQ 1748'



Listing NGR: TL8497807204

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464285
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/13605/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Norman H Sumter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].