THE OLDE CIDER BAR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257032

Date first listed: 11-Dec-1996

Statutory Address: THE OLDE CIDER BAR, 99, 101 AND 103, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLDE CIDER BAR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257032 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 06:54:41.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLDE CIDER BAR, 99, 101 AND 103, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Teignbridge (District Authority)

Parish: Newton Abbot

National Grid Reference: SX 86129 71147

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWTON ABBOT

SX8671 EAST STREET 1012-1/9/60 (North side) Nos.99, 101 AND 103 The Olde Cider Bar

GV II

Three houses, now a public house. 1838 (deeds) replacing a farmhouse of 1745 (deeds). MATERIALS: painted roughcast over stone rubble and possibly cob, slate roof with a square right-of-centre ridge stack, tall stacks to the forward slopes of the gable ends and rear wing. PLAN: double-depth plan with single-storey rear left wing. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 4-window range. 6/6-pane sash windows to the first floor and ground-floor right, 2/2-pane sash to the ground-floor left. The entrance to No.103 to the right is in passageway to the inside right leading to rear courtyard. Nos 99 & 101 have paired late C19 double doors to the inside left. To the rear are 2 small dormers with 2-light casement windows; rear windows are mostly 2-light casements; a flight of stone steps leads to the first floor rear of No.99; the rear wing has C19 and C20 windows. INTERIOR: altered. HISTORY: the three houses were built for ยป155 in Keyberry Road (the former name for East Street). The deeds for the houses and for a farmhouse dated 1745, on the same site are on display in the bar.





Listing NGR: SX8612971147

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464286

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing