Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1257039

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Statutory Address: THE DUTCH HOUSE, 2, OGLEFORTH


Ordnance survey map of THE DUTCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257039 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jan-2019 at 07:29:06.


Statutory Address: THE DUTCH HOUSE, 2, OGLEFORTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 60509 52210


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE6052SE OGLEFORTH 1112-1/14/815 (South West side) 14/06/54 No.2 The Dutch House


Formerly known as: Small House opposite Nos 17, 18 and 19 forming part of Smith's Brewery OGLEFORTH. House, now garage. c1650 with later C17 gables; extensively rebuilt 1955. Front and rear of orange-red brick in English garden-wall bond, with brick coped shaped gables at front; returns in stretcher bond with tumbled brick gables; pantile roof with brick coping and kneelers. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic, 4 unequal bays: three bays break slightly from wall plane on both floors; left end bay blank. At right of centre, sunk-panel door in keyed round arch with imposts: to left, 3-light timber mullioned and transomed window beneath segmental pediment; to right, segmental pediment rebuilt but window omitted. Central window on first floor is 2-light brick mullioned and transomed oriel on tapered brick corbel: 3-light window to left has timber mullions: 1-light window to right has brick transom: all have triangular pediments. Gables contain square attic windows. All windows have square lattice glazing. Right return has garage door on ground floor. On second floor, part of moulded brick door architrave survives: attic has blocked window in moulded brick surround. INTERIOR: gutted. Later fireplace survives against left gable wall. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 172).

Listing NGR: SE6051052210


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464293

Legacy System: LBS


Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York V Central, (1981), 172

End of official listing