This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1257045



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464299

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE6052SE OGLEFORTH 1112-1/14/817 (North East side) 14/06/54 No.9


Formerly known as: No.16 OGLEFORTH. House. Early C19 with earlier origins; renovated c1980. Stucco front on painted stone plinth; rear of orange brick in random bond; doorcase and guttering of timber; pantile roof at front, slate to rear, with brick stacks. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 2-window front. Central pedimented doorcase has reeded pilaster jambs with imposts, and panelled door and radial fanlight recessed in reeded architrave. Passage arch at end right has C20 iron gate in reeded architrave. Left of front door is full-height canted bay window with 8:12:8-pane sashes on both floors. Right of front door on both floors are 12-pane sashes with painted sills and channelled wedge lintels with grooved keyblocks. Raised first floor band. Moulded eaves guttering on paired modillions. INTERIOR: ground floor: early C18 panelled door in entrance passage leads to room on left. Doorcases are reeded and room to left has reeded cornice. Stairhall arch is round with reeded jambs and moulded imposts: open string staircase has stick balusters and serpentine handrail wreathed at foot around turned newel. First floor not inspected but left front room said to retain original fireplace. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 172).

Listing NGR: SE6051052231

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York V Central, (1981), 172

National Grid Reference: SE 60507 52227


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257045 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 08:29:25.

End of official listing