This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1257057



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464266

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE6050NE NEW WALK TERRACE 1112-1/25/802 (South side) 14/06/54 Nos.13-17 (Consecutive)


Five houses forming part of terrace. c1825. Mottled brick with rubbed red brick window arches. Slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellars. Each house 2 bays. The 1st and 2nd floor windows are glazing bar sashes. At ground floor level each house has a tripartite bowed glazing bar sash at the left, set into a brick panel which breaks forwards slightly under a plain entablature. The cellar windows are glazing bar sashes, except for No.14, which has French doors. The doorcases to Nos 13-16 have fluted pilasters with palmette leaf capitals, and panelled reveals. Those to Nos 14-16 have a fillet with dentils. The doorcase to No.17 has engaged fluted Doric columns, a fluted frieze, and panelled reveals. Nos 13, 16 and 17 have overlights with geometrical glazing. The doors to Nos 14, 16, and 17 have 4 raised and fielded panels above 2 flush panels. The door to No.13 has 6 raised and fielded panels, and the door to No.15 has glazing with margin panes above 2 panels. Chimneys to left and right of each house, in front of and behind ridge. INTERIOR: not inspected. No.13 was first listed 24/06/83. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO: 1975-: 91).

Listing NGR: SE6066350796

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York IV East, (1975), 91

National Grid Reference: SE 60663 50796


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257057 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 09:29:43.

End of official listing