CURATORS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257117

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1972

Statutory Address: CURATORS HOUSE, MUSEUM GARDENS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CURATORS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257117 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 16:08:10.

Location

Statutory Address: CURATORS HOUSE, MUSEUM GARDENS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59999 52122

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE6052SW MUSEUM GARDENS 1112-1/27/784 Curator's House 02/11/72

GV II

Formerly known as: Keeper's House adjoining south-east end of Kings Manor MUSEUM GARDENS. House, now offices and store. 1844. By JB and W Atkinson for the Curator of the Yorkshire Museum (qv). Coursed squared magnesian limestone, much re-used, with ashlar dressings; plain tiled roof with ashlar corniced stacks. Coped gables have shaped kneelers and finials like cushion capitals. STYLE: Gothic Revival. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic; 2-window gabled front to left of 1-storey 1-window front with chamfered eaves course and half-hipped attic dormer. Gabled front has board door with 4-centred head on ornate hinges in moulded architrave. Ground floor windows are mullioned and transomed, of 3 lights to left of door, 2 lights to right: other windows are of 2 mullioned lights: all mullions, transoms and openings are ovolo-moulded and all openings are square-headed and quoined. Dormer has 2-light casement window. Right return: 2-storey 1-window gabled front. Windows are of the same form as main front. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO London: 1975-: 45).





Listing NGR: SE6000152120

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464200

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York IV East, (1975), 45

End of official listing