DRIVING TEST CENTRE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257214

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1975

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Dec-1996

Statutory Address: DRIVING TEST CENTRE, 1A, COURTENAY PARK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRIVING TEST CENTRE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257214 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 15:40:14.

Location

Statutory Address: DRIVING TEST CENTRE, 1A, COURTENAY PARK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Teignbridge (District Authority)

Parish: Newton Abbot

National Grid Reference: SX 86631 70996

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWTON ABBOT

SX8670 COURTENAY PARK ROAD 1012-1/11/12 (South side) 26/03/75 No.1A Driving Test Centre (Formerly Listed as: COURTENAY PARK ROAD Nos.1 AND 1A)

GV II

House, now a driving test centre. Mid C19. Painted stucco, wide bracketed eaves to a hipped slate roof with a moulded ridge stack to left of centre. L-plan with rear wing. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 1:2-window range. Plinth; banded quoins to the ground floor platband rusticated quoins to the first floor; moulded architraves to tripartite 4/4-pane sash windows without horns, those to the first floor segmental-headed with bracketed sills, those to the ground-floor front with cornices on consoles. The range to the left is set back with similar windows in the left return. The 2-window main range to the right steps forward under a shared hipped roof; two full-height gabled bays step further forward with rusticated quoins to all the angles; tripartite windows, those to the first floor under segmental arches. A plain door opening is set between the gabled bays. INTERIOR: not inspected. Part of the Courtenay Park development, laid out in 1854.





Listing NGR: SX8663170996

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464128

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing