3, COURTENAY PARK ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1257215
Date first listed:
26-Mar-1975
Statutory Address:
3, COURTENAY PARK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 3, COURTENAY PARK ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257215 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 20:31:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
3, COURTENAY PARK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Teignbridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Newton Abbot
National Grid Reference:
SX 86592 70997

Details

NEWTON ABBOT

SX8670 COURTENAY PARK ROAD 1012-1/11/13 (West side) 26/03/75 No.3

GV II

House. Mid C19, altered late C19. Stucco, shallow-pitched wide-eaved bracketed slate roof hipped to the left, stack with modillion cornice to the right return, rendered stack to the left. Double-depth plan with forward wing to the right. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 3-window range. Entrance in the left return. Banded pilasters to the ground floor, rusticated quoins to the first floor. Eaves band, moulded sill string course and plinth. Moulded architraves to 6/6-pane sash window to the first floor left, 2/2 to the centre; that to the right wing is semicircular-arched with radial glazing bars and an eared and shouldered archivolt. Below it is a large late C19 canted bay with plate-glass sashes, cornice and blocking course. 6/6-pane ground-floor sash windows are without architraves; a verandah over them with a swept copper roof from the first-floor sill string supported by slender iron columns fills the angle of the L-plan, the left side is glazed with small panes. INTERIOR: not inspected. Part of the Courtenay Park development, laid out in 1854.







Listing NGR: SX8659270997

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
464129
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/04954/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Hawkins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].