This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MONUMENT TO SAMUEL ROBINSON IN ABNEY PARK CEMETERY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MONUMENT TO SAMUEL ROBINSON IN ABNEY PARK CEMETERY

List entry Number: 1257303

Location

MONUMENT TO SAMUEL ROBINSON IN ABNEY PARK CEMETERY, STOKE NEWINGTON HIGH STREET N16

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hackney

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Mar-1997

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 464049

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 3386 STOKE NEWINGTON HIGH STREET, N16 (west side)

735/12/10063 Monument to Samuel Robinson in Abney Park Cemetery

GV II

Monument to Samuel Robinson (1752-1833). Artificial stone. A gothic tomb chest with arcaded sides and quatrefoil enriched ends, erected in memory of an architect known to have worked for Eleanor Coade's factory. This tomb was formerly placed in front of the Widows' Retreat Almshouses in Hackney, which Robinson had endowed for the relief of 'twelve widows of protestant dissenting ministers professing Calvinistic principles'. The tomb was removed to Abney Park Cemetery on the demolition of the almshouses in 1901.





Listing NGR: TQ3353086762

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 33530 86762

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257303 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 10:03:46.

End of official listing