THE FITNESS CONNECTION HEALTH CLUB

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257327

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1996

Statutory Address: THE FITNESS CONNECTION HEALTH CLUB, SEAFORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE FITNESS CONNECTION HEALTH CLUB
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257327 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 19:54:15.

Location

Statutory Address: THE FITNESS CONNECTION HEALTH CLUB, SEAFORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sefton (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 33220 96814

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CROSBY

SJ39NW SEAFORTH ROAD 778-1/3/117 (East side) The Fitness Connection Health Club

II

Formerly known as: The Palladium Cinema SEAFORTH ROAD. Cinema, now fitness club. Dated 1913 in pediment; altered. White faience and common brick, pitched slate roof to main range behind entrance block. Edwardian Baroque style. Rectangular plan at right-angles to street, with entrance block parallel to street. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 3 bays, symmetrical, with a narrow pedimented centre, channelled pilasters to the corners and the centre, a moulded plinth, a string-course over the ground floor with egg-and-dart enrichment, and a dentilled cornice and plain parapet to the upper floor broken by the pediment. The centre has a wide recessed entrance with altered doors (the head now covered by a recent fascia board), a large keyed oculus at 1st floor with a festoon, and a wreath in the pediment containing raised lettering "1913". Both floors of the wide outer bays have triple windows with individual keyed architraves and continuous sills with double festoons, those at 1st floor with 12-pane sashes but those at ground floor now covered by lettered boards. The return sides of this range, of common brick, have similar coupled and triple windows on each floor. The south side of the main range has 2 large pedimented doorways, the 1st with altered doors and the other blocked, and 3 large enriched oculi above; the north side has plain doorway and plain oculi. INTERIOR: foyer with two staircases of white marble; auditorium altered at ground floor and suspended ceiling inserted, but above that original moulded plaster panels and decorated segmental-vaulted roof survive (slightly damaged).

Listing NGR: SJ3322096814

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463989

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing