INDICATOR BOARD AND CLOCK TOWER AT YORK RACECOURSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257531

Date first listed: 04-Aug-1995

Statutory Address: INDICATOR BOARD AND CLOCK TOWER AT YORK RACECOURSE, KNAVESMIRE

Map

Ordnance survey map of INDICATOR BOARD AND CLOCK TOWER AT YORK RACECOURSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257531 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 15:54:44.

Location

Statutory Address: INDICATOR BOARD AND CLOCK TOWER AT YORK RACECOURSE, KNAVESMIRE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59548 49712

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE54NE KNAVESMIRE 1112-1/3/1240 Indicator Board and Clock Tower at 04/08/95 York Racecourse

II

Indicator board and clock tower. 1922. Designed by Walter Brierley. Steel framed, wooden and re-constituted stone with a hipped slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic. Square plan. Ground floor has square corner piers and between on 3 sides 2 Doric columns in antis, all of re-constituted stone. First and second floors are divided into 3 panels on each of the 3 front faces, these panels are each divided into 6 spaces for name boards. In the centre of each of these faces is a seventh panel in a central square dormer with a flat lead roof. The main front has attached frames to each side for further name boards. The square hipped roof is topped by a square lantern with a circular clock face to each side, and a moulded square lead dome topped with a finial. The 7 day clock was made by GJF Newey of York and installed in 1923. INTERIOR: retains all its original structure and fittings.





Listing NGR: SE5954849712

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463769

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing