VILLAGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257567

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Dec-1996

Statutory Address: VILLAGE FARMHOUSE, 25, LITTLE CROSBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257567 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 22:52:58.

Location

Statutory Address: VILLAGE FARMHOUSE, 25, LITTLE CROSBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sefton (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SD3189801421

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CROSBY

SD3101 LITTLE CROSBY ROAD, Little Crosby 778-1/4/182 (South West side) 04/07/52 No.25 Village Farmhouse (Formerly Listed as: LITTLE CROSBY ROAD, Little Crosby Village Farmhouse including former barn & cottage building attached)

GV II

Farmhouse with attached cottage and barn, now integrated as house and store. House dated 1669 on lintel of doorway, former barn probably C18; altered. The house is of sandstone ashlar in large blocks (now strap-pointed at 1st floor), with stone slate roof and brick chimney; the former barn is of brick painted white, also with stone slate roof and brick chimney. The house has a 2-unit end-baffle-entry plan, and the former barn is attached to the south gable wall. EXTERIOR: the house, 2 low storeys and 2 windows, with a chamfered plinth, and a continuous cavetto-moulded drip-band to ground floor, has a Tudor-arched doorway to the left, with chamfered surround, large lintel with raised lettering "I E / 1669", and drip-band stepped over; and double-chamfered stone mullion windows of 5 and 3 lights at ground floor, 3 and 3 lights above. Stone copings to both gables; rebuilt brick chimney next to that to the left. The range attached to the left, also 2 storeys, has C20 windows on each floor of the bay adjoining the house, and more scattered fenestration beyond. INTERIOR: former longitudinal partition of service end removed. Collectively all the buildings in Little Crosby Conservation Area form a valuable group of similar scale but varied dates, materials and style.

Listing NGR: SD3189801421

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463718

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing