15, HIGH PETERGATE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1257602
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
15, HIGH PETERGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15, HIGH PETERGATE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257602.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 22:22:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
15, HIGH PETERGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 60177 52181

Details

YORK

SE6052SW HIGH PETERGATE 1112-1/27/461 (South West side) No.15

GV II

Shop and offices. Dated 1882. Orange brick in English garden-wall bond with timber shopfront and doorcase; slate roof with brick stack. EXTERIOR: 3-storey 2-bay front, left bay cross-gabled. At left end is reeded doorcase with angle roundels, probably re-used, with door of 6 raised and fielded panels beneath flat hood. At right end, panelled door with glazed inset beneath leaded stained glass overlight incorporating the date in reverse. Between, shopfront has recessed glazed door flanked by 6-pane windows, all beneath entablature with triglyph frieze and dropped moulded segmental pediment on carved brackets: dentilled and moulded brick cornice over ground floor. First floor windows are recessed canted bays with 4-pane sashes, beneath moulded segmental arches with grooved keyblocks. On second floor, windows are paired 4-pane sashes over broad raised brick band and moulded sillstring: left pair have brick arches as on first floor; right pair have shaped lintels. Gable contains glazed oculus. Fasciated brick bands to eaves and gable. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: SE6005051992

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
463672
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04207/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Martin Roberts. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].